WordPress is arguably the most popular blogging software available today! It’s easy to install and will allow you to have a great looking, easy to use blog in minutes.
Version 3 allows you to choose to install a single blog or to have multiple WordPress blogs on a single website. Multiple blogs are more demanding on the administrator than a single blog so if you plan just a single blog choose that option.
1. Login to your control panel through
2. Scroll down to CGI Scripts and click on WordPress Blog.
3. Either enter the directory that you want WordPress installed to or if you want it installed to the root of your domain simply leave this field blank.
4. Click Install Now
5. After around a minute WordPress will be installed and when you go to the URL that you installed WordPress on you will be able to run through the initial configuration.
If the installation gave an error its most likely because the directory you tried to install in was not empty. If you still get stuck feel free to contact Switchweb
Posted by June 5, 2014
To disable inline image attachments in Apple’s mail.app do the following:
1. Open terminal
2. Paste in the following:
defaults write com.apple.mail DisableInlineAttachmentViewing -bool yes
3. Reopen mail.app
Posted by April 24, 2014
If you’re upgrading to Mavericks and don’t want to have to pay for a new Parallels version then you can use the free VirtualBox.
In this scenario I’m going from Parallels 4.0 to Virtual Box 4.3.10. If you are migrating from a later version of Parallels you might be able to skip the first 7 steps.
In the Parallels folder open Parallels Transporter
Select Virtual Machine
Select Virtual Disk
Choose your Parallels virtual machine
Wait about an hour
Find the .pvm file for your converted virtual machine.
Right click and select ‘Show package contents’
Right click on the .hdd file and select ‘Show package contents’
Copy the .hds file to somewhere else
Rename the .hds file to .hdd
Create a new Virtual Machine with the .hdd file from above as the virtual disk.
Run your virtual machine!
Posted by April 23, 2014
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Posted by February 20, 2014
By default in OS X Mavericks the power button sends the computer to sleep, to change this:
1.Copy the following file on your desktop
2. Open it with a text editor
3. Search for the following keys (there are several):
<key>Sleep On Power Button</key> <integer>1</integer>
4. Turn them all to 0
5. Save the file
com.apple.SystemPowerProfileDefaults.plist file on your desktop back in:
7. Enter your username and password when asked
8. Restart the computer
Posted by November 10, 2013
When trying to activate office you get the error: 0x80070005
1. Click start
2. Right click on Microsoft Word and click ‘Run as Administrator’
3. Office should now activate correctly.
Posted by November 6, 2013
1. From your desktop press ctrl + x on the keyboard
2. Select control panel
3. Open the Action Center.
4. Expand Security
5. Under Windows SmartScreen click change settings
6. Press Turn off Windows SmartScreen
Posted by November 4, 2013
When plugging in a USB flash drive formatted with ExFat into Manjaro you get an error to say it can’t be mounted.
1. Open Add/Remove Software (package manager)
2. Search exfat
3. Install exfat-util and fuse-exfat
Posted by October 13, 2013
Go to the distribution list’s Properties.
Click on the Mail Flow Settings tab.
Double-click Message Delivery Restrictions.
Uncheck the box “Require that all senders are authenticated.”
Posted by July 31, 2013
When you open Disk Cleanup it gets stuck on ‘System Error Memory Dump Files’
Click Start and type regedit into the search box.
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\System error memory dump files”
The “Flags” value must be set to “0″.
Or for 64-bit Windows:
“HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\System error memory dump files”
The “Flags” value must be set to “0″.
Posted by May 13, 2013